The Electoral Commission has appointed 6th – 7th March 2016, as the period for convening the National Youth Council (NYC) for the purpose of election of the Female Youth Representative to Parliament.
The national meeting shall be held at Kontik Hotel in Hoima Municipality.
The Electoral College for electing the Female Youth Representative to Parliament shall be the National Youth Council (NYC), which comprises the following:
- The National Youth Executive Committee (11 members);
- The Chairperson of every District Youth Council;
- The Secretary for Female Youth of every District Youth Council;
- The Secretary for Finance of every District Youth Council;
- A representative of Youth with Disabilities (PWD); and,
- Four (4) students representatives elected by the Uganda National Students’ Association (UNSA), two of whom shall be female and one from a secondary school.
Members of the Electoral College are required to report to Kontik Hotel, Hoima, on 6th March 2016, for registration and for other details/guidelines relating to the election.
Eng. Dr. Badru M. Kiggundu
Chairperson, Electoral Commission