Receiving of lists of Supporters at the Electoral Commission before nomination days
- Aspiring candidates shall submit lists for at least 98 Districts for which they have collected a minimum of one hundred signatures. N.B: Districts with less 100 signatures shall not be accepted
- The receiving Officer shall ascertain that a district submitted has a minimum of particulars of 100 supporters
- An acknowledgement form duly signed by the receiving officer and the Candidate/Candidate’s Agent shall be issued to the candidate or his agent.
- Intending candidates shall appoint persons in writing to deliver the lists of supporters if the delivery is not done by the aspiring candidates themselves. The appointed persons shall indicate their telephone contacts and physical address.
N.B: Acknowledgement of receipt of lists of supporters does not constitute a certificate of compliance with sec 10(1)(b) and 10(3) of the Presidential Elections Act 2005.
Verification of Supporters in accordance with section 10(3)
The following variables shall be verified
- Voter registration number (Personal Identification Number)
- Names of the registered voter supporting the nomination
- Physical Addresses of the registered voters
- Existence of signature of the registered voter
Method of Verification of particulars of voters supporting the nomination
Verification shall be done online following the steps below;
- Type in the initials of the candidate in the field provided on the verification form
- If the field for candidate’s initials is filled, place a cross “X” against the voter’s particulars on the supporters form and indicate the reason behind the supporters form.
- If the field for candidate’s initials is not filled yet, proceed to step 2 of verification
- Ensure that the voter registration number corresponds with the particulars of the voter i.e. names and district of registration
- If the variables in (i) above correspond, place a tick against the particulars of the voter on the supporters form with a red pen
- If the variables do not correspond, place a cross “X” against the particulars of the voter on the supporters form with a red pen and indicate the reason behind the supporters form.
Confirmation that an aspiring candidate has at least 100 signatures
- Verification for a district shall stop after particulars of 100 supporters have been ticked off.
- Verification of supporters of an aspiring candidate shall stop and be concluded if 100 supporters from each of at least 75 districts have been ticked off. In this case, the aspiring candidate shall be issued with a certificate of compliance with section 10(1)(b) and 10(3) of the Presidential Elections Act, 2005. Otherwise, the candidate shall be notified officially of the deficiency.
Please See Attached
Please see attached