The Electoral Commission, established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment.
Detailed job adverts can also be accessed on the Electoral Commission website www.ec.or.ug
VACANCY: Senior Election Officer/Monitoring and Evaluation
No. of Positions: 01
Directorate: Finance & Administration
Department: Planning & Research
Reports to: Principal Election Officer/Planning & Research
Salary Scale: ECS 4
Duty Station: EC headquarters
To develop, manage and implement the organization’s monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure effective tracking of progress in program implementation against goals and objectives and provide information for planning and management of planned activities.
- Developing M&E systems for the coordinated design, planning, management and monitoring of programs within identified priority areas;
- Developing and implementing performance monitoring and evaluation strategies;
- Conducting evaluation/impact assessment studies of key programs to ensure achievement of desired outcomes;
- Formulating M&E recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of policies and programs;
- Conducting ongoing reviews of the implementation of M&E systems within the Commission;
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing data from reports submitted by implementing departments/units and preparing consolidated progress reports;
- Reviewing M&E findings and best practices and disseminating information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and informed decision-making.
- Designing, facilitating and coordinating recommended capacity building initiatives such as workshops and training programs, in order to facilitate a culture of results-based management;
- Undertaking research on best practices and trends in M&E and making recommendations for their inclusion in current and future programs and policies;
- Performing related work as may be required.
Minimum academic qualification:
An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics or Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Administration with a paper in Monitoring and Evaluation) or Development Studies with module in Monitoring and Evaluation plus a certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized University/Institution.
Possession of a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Statistics or Project Planning and Management or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
Minimum Working Experience
Three (3) years relevant working experience served as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or Statistician in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Age: Twenty Five (25) years and above.
Desired skills and competencies
In addition to the above qualifications and experience for the post, the following qualities are required:
- Proficiency in the use of MS suite and statistical software;
- Ability to use e-government technology platforms;
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of staff engaged in M&E activities;
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders;
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in performance of duties.
VACANCY: Election Officer/Assistant District Registrar
No. of vacancies: 56
Department: Field Operations
Reports to: District Registrar / Returning Officer
Salary Scale: ECS 5
Duty Station: Any District Electoral Commission Office in Uganda.
- Assist in drawing and implementing work plans for the District Electoral Commission office;
- Maintaining records for the District Electoral Commission equipment and re-usable materials;
- Compiling periodic District Electoral Commission reports;
- Assisting in supervision of subordinate staff;
- Monitoring electoral activities in the district; nominations, campaigns and polling;
- Co-signatory to the district Electoral Commission bank account;
- Counter signing payment vouchers;
- Minute Secretary to District meetings;
- Any other official duties as assigned.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honors Bachelors Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Business Administration, Law or a related field in Humanities from a recognized University/Institution.
Preferred skills, competencies and personal attributes:
- High moral character and integrity
- Ability to command respect.
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker
- Knowledge of Government Policies and Administrative Procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English with strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
- Capacity to work with senior personalities in different occupations.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
Age: Twenty five Years (25) and Above
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Tuesday 4th August, 2020.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678