The Electoral Commission, established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position within its establishment.
The job advert can also be accessed on the Electoral Commission website:www.ec.or.ug
VACANCY: Assistant Election Officer/Electrician
No. of vacancies: One (01)
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Directorate : Finance and administration
Tenure : Permanent
Salary Scale: ECS6(d)
To conduct routine maintenance, fault-finding, and diagnostics on existing electrical systems and installing new electrical systems to the required standards while upholding safety guidelines and regulations.
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical problems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring;
- Assessing the electrical parts and appliances needed for a job and initiating their procurement process;
- Conducting routine maintenance and testing electrical systems, and ensuring installations are to manufacturer standards, including fire alarms and security systems;
- Re-wiring faulty electrical systems such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms;
- Ensuring good quality electrical workmanship which complies with building standards and follows safety requirements;
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum academic qualification:
A Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution plus a valid practicing certificate from Electricity Regulatory Agency (ERA).
Minimum Working Experience
Three (3) years relevant working experience in performing duties related to electrical works in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Desired skills and competencies
In addition to the above qualifications and experience for the post, the following qualities are required:
- Ability to design, install, test and commission electrical systems and appliances such as CCTV networks, alarms, generators, solar systems, ACs;
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, diagnostics, safety precautions;
- High level of personal initiative and responsibility.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or to the nearest Regional Election Office or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 16th July, 2021.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Head, Human Resource Management
P.O. Box 22678