The Electoral Commission is established under Article 60 and mandated under Article 61 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda 1995 (as amended) to organize, conduct and supervise regular, fr
The National Launch of the Strategic plan and the road map for 2020/2021 General Elections took place on 11th December, 2018 at Hotel Africana and was launched by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda.
The Electoral Commission is mandated under Article 61 of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda to:
1. ensure that regular, free and fair elections and referenda are held;
2. organise, conduct and supervise elections and referenda in accordance with the Constitution;
3. demarcate constituencies in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution;
4. formulate and implement voter educational programmes related to elections;
5. compile, maintain, revise and update the voters’ register;