Legal Department has the following roles:
• Offer legal advise,
• Drafting amendments to electoral laws
• Drafting contracts and/or agreements,
• Drafting Statutory Instruments and Gazette Notices on election activities
• Handling complaints at any stage of the electoral process,
• Drafting guidelines on the electoral process
• And any other official duty as may be assigned to the Department from time to time.
All operations are governed by the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, electoral laws and regulations and other relevant laws on the conduct of an election or referendum and the operation of the Electoral Commission.